My attempt at still life photography
Let me start by apologizing for not being active in posting regularly. I have decided that I will be posting a new blog post every alternate Friday from now. So stay tuned in for that.
I always wanted to try still life photography but I never really got the lighting right. The light was always too harsh or too warm. But then I found some amazing tricks which helped me in clicking amazing still life pictures. Tips at the end of the post. Check out the pictures.
A few tips for still photography –
- Composition- Composition is the most important aspect in still life photography.
Play with your composition, move the objects here and there,
Keep changing your angle try new angles, Compare your composition with more or less light
Art fully arrange the objects, so that it looks pleasing your eyes.
And most importantly let your imagination run wild
- Set up/Lighting – Professional photographers mostly use Soft box or light box to click still life or product photography pictures. But as a wannabe photographer you can always use the natural light coming through the window or just use a lamp or some old lights .
You can get soft box or light box on amazon for a very affordable price
Amazon India Amazon Uk Amazon US
If you’re planning to get into hardcore product photography then I strongly suggest you get one of these.
- Artistic inspiration- Get inspired! check out still life photography pictures on Google.com or Pinterest.com.
Just look around your house. You can get creative with the simplest object, with proper composition even a garlic clove looks beautiful.
- Angle- Finding a perfect angle is difficult sometimes, you have to click a lot of pictures before getting the perfect angle. You should try variety of different angles.
- Background- I have kept chart papers of different colors separately for still life or minimal photography. You need to remove any distractions from the background so you can have a clean and clear image.
Hopefully you can start applying these still life photography tips immediately so you can start seeing a difference in the quality of your still life images. Let your imagination run wild.
If you like the post make sure you comment, share and like the post.
Suggestions are always welcome. I’m no writer but I’m trying so please be nice. 😛